01 02 03 Darker Side Of White...: He is my mother 3 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

He is my mother 3

34
I could hear her faint cries on the baby monitor. Dr. Singh had worked out a deal with the cops to let her stay with my family until the disposition ended. The cops did not like the idea and were adamant on putting her in a foster home but one look at my Angel's face and they decided otherwise.

It wasn't as easy as they say, it was roughly about 2am in the night and this was the second time in the night she had woken up. Would I be able to do this for long? Surely by now I should give up, she keeps crying and no one ever tells you how much a diaper costs. That tissue paper like thing is more expensive than drugs. 

"You can't bring her to work, day care is for mothers and some of them don't feel comfortable while feeding." The Office HR explained to me in a what she thought was a sympathetic voice.

"But where do I take her then? The day care is for kids, I can speak to them, would you at least give me a chance to speak to them?" I said.

"Frankly it is affecting your work and you should do the right thing and give up the child." The HR said after giving up her pretence of actually giving a damn.

"My child isn't going anywhere, when was the last time you asked a woman to get aborted or give up her child? You have a son would you give him up?" I retorted.

"Lets not get personal, we are professionals here. If all women sign this consent form you can bring her in and I mean all." She said handing over an email which she had already signed.

I couldn't hold back my tears, she was human after all, I thought. Using her clout as the head HR we were able to get all the mothers to sign a waiver. My angel was officially in day care and free to cry her lungs out for daddy even if he was sitting in front his boss and talking about a raise.

"We have to meet, the family court has given us a date for March. I need you to meet my aunt, she is an ex-justice and will be presenting your case", Anvesha said over the phone.

Two days later my angel and I met retired Justice K. Sethi one of the pioneers of women's rights and woman who could beat the best lawyers in the country without even raising a brow.

"So you really want her don't you? Anvesha has never been so passionate about any case ever since I have seen her practice. The battle will be tough only two cases have been submitted in court like these till date and in both the judge gave the child to foster care." Justice Sethi said.

"No court can take her from me, her mother gave her to me. I will be her father no matter what happens. The court will have to rule in Favour of me." I said rather loudly and quickly apologised.

"You have the passion alright, now the next step is to put all our research in place, the court can challenge that you may give her up after you marry. We need witnesses like Dr. Singh to vouch for you and hopefully we can get custody on compassionate grounds. You will have an inspector visiting you every now and then to check on her."

"I have everything in order, she has gotten all her immunizations and since she has been in my care she has gained weight and I have receipts for all the toys, cribs and diapers. Did you know diapers come in so many variants? I mean diapers should have a mall of their own." I said.

Justice Sethi couldn't stop laughing and Anvesha just facepalmed so did my angel. She wasn't amused either it seems, I was already making dad jokes.




35 36 37 38